Hotline: 0255 3713504
https://dulichquangngai.info?lang=en

History Site and Lanscape

History Site and Lanscape

  • 08:01 22/01/2018

The monument is located in the town of Ba To, 60 km southwest of Quang Ngai. On the afternoon of March 11, 1945, under the leadership of the provisional Quang Ngai Provincial Party Committee, the people protested, rushing to the district center.

Tin liên quan

 

1. Ba Gia Victory Relic

The relic is situated in Son Tinh District, just about 20 km northwest of Quang Ngai city. This is an ensemble comprising Mount Tron, Mount Khi (Monkey Mt.), Mount Chop Non, Phuoc Loc Trench, High Point 47, Ma To Hill, Go Cao Post stretching across 3 communes of Tinh Dong, Tinh Son and Tinh Binh.

 

The Ba Gia battle took place on 31 May 1965. The Regiment 1 of Military Zone V in coordination with local militia and guerrilla forces vanquished an army corps of 4 battalions of former Saigon Army, liberating a large area of western Son Tinh and contributing to defeating the US Army’s “special war” strategy in the Southern Vietnam battlefield.

2. Van Tuong Victory Relic

Van Tuong Victory Relic covers the locations in the communes of Binh Hai, Binh Hoa in the east of Binh Son district, about 30 km from Quang Ngai city in the Northeast. Van Tuong battle occurred on 18 August 1965, mainly in the hamlet of Van Tuong, An Cuong of Binh Hai commune, Loc Tu hamlet in Binh Hoa commune. In this battle, the Liberation Army smashed the US Starlight operation, killing 919 American soldiers and shot down many planes, destroying many tanks. Van Tuong victory ignited the movement to fight and to win the US army over the battlefield in South Vietnam.

The relics of Van Tuong victory include Loc Tu Iron trench, H.Q of Regiment 1 (Military Zone V), Hai Nam Hamlet, High post 61, Debris of planes and tanks in Phuoc Thien Hamlet. Van Tuong victory relic has been recognized as the national historic-cultural relic.

3. Ba To Uprising Relic

The monument is located in the town of Ba To, 60 km southwest of Quang Ngai. On the afternoon of March 11, 1945, under the leadership of the provisional Quang Ngai Provincial Party Committee, the people protested, rushing to the district center. At night, the rally evolved into a demonstration in coordination with the armed forces under the command of the Uprising Committee. The revolutionary forces occupied the Control agency, Ba To post. On the morning of March 12th, 1945, the meeting was conducted for the victory and The Ba To revolutionary people’s committee was introduced and the Ba To revolutionary guerilla group was formed. – The predecessor of the armed forces of Military Zone 5. This was the first local victorious uprising in the country in the pre-August 1945 uprising period.

 

In 1975, Ba To Museum was built in the district center where the revolt took place. Other places such as the Lieng River, Ong Tai slope, Loa stream, En cave, Voot Rep Cave, Control agency, Ba To post etc. have been preserved. This relic complex has been classified by the Ministry of Culture and Information as a national historic-cultural monument.

4. Tra Bong and Western Quang Ngai uprising Relic

The relic of Tra Bong  and Western Quang Ngai Uprising is located in the districts of Tra Bong and Tay Tra, northwest of Quang Ngai province.  The relic marked the historical event on 28 August 1959 when the people in the mountain  communes in Tra Bong district (now Tra Bong and Tay Tra  districts) under the leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam revolted and seized power from the government of Ngo Dinh Diem Administration, liberated a large area in the west of Quang Ngai province.

Tra Bong and Western Quang Ngai uprising set an important turning-point in the transition from a political struggle into a partial military one. The uprising became a lesson learned to be replicated in the uprising movement in South Vietnam. Tra Bong and Western Quang Ngai uprising relic (consisting of such locations as Eo Chim, Da Liep, Tra Xuan, Go Ro, Lang Ngai, etc.) has been recognized as a national historic-cultural relic.

5. South Vietnam Radio Station

Established in 1945, the station was to broadcast its programs to throughout the country in order to timely provide with information and encourage our compatriots and soldiers in the struggle against the French colonialists for national independence and freedom.

Its first broadcasting at Tho Loc Temple, Tinh Ha Commune, Son Tinh District (about 7 km northwest of Quang Ngai city) is forever the pride of Quang Ngai people. It is also an important event in the traditional history of Vietnam Television and Radio Broadcasting.

6. Khanh Giang – Truong Le relic

Khanh Giang – Truong Le relic is about 3 km west of Thiem Xuan stone wall. On 18 April 1969, the US Army battalion of Tiger Force conducted a raid in the area, killing 63 women and children. This is a brutal and barbaric massacre by the foreign aggressors, an crime evidence of the US troops to the Vietnamese people. The relic has three locations, namely, Dap Da mound, Mr. Xu’s garden and Mr. Thuy’s garden, where the victims were gathered before the kill by the American soldiers. Khanh Giang – Truong Le relic is now a memorial monument with stone steles denouncing the US army crimes.

7. Sa Huynh Archaeological relic

Sa Huynh archaeological relic is distributed on the sand strip along Sa Huynh coastline, including three locations, namely, Ma Vuong mound (Gio Ga mound), Phu Khuong (Pho Khanh commune), Thanh Duc (Pho Thanh commune), Duc Pho district, about 60 km south of Quang Ngai city.

 

This relic was first discovered by the French archaeologist named Vinet in 1909. There is a large area of jar burials of the Sa Huynh culture inhabitants, dating back to over 2500-3000 years ago. The cylindrical and egg-shaped pottery jar burials, nearly 1m high, were densely buried. These jars contained many funeral offerings, including iron tintinnabula, bracelets, knives, hoes and spades, etc.; agate beads, gemstones, glass beads, earrings…, many pottery objects such as pots, high-footed bowls and vases etc.  decorated with patterns and graphite-painted bands. So far, Sa Huynh culture has been researched by domestic and foreign archaeologists and there have been seven big excavations to be implemented. Especially, the excavation was carried out in 1978 by the Vietnam Institute of Archaeology, collected 114 artifacts in many materials such as pottery, stone, bone, iron… These artifacts brought a new perspective, new perception of the value of formation, arising and development of Sa Huynh culture.

8. Dien Nien – Phuoc Binh massacre relic

Dien Nien – Phuoc Binh massacre relic consists of two locations: Dien Nien temple in Dien Nien hamlet and a schoolyard in Phuoc Binh hamlet, Tinh Son commune, Son Tinh district, about 15 km northwest of Quang Ngai city.

At this place, on 9 and 10 October 1966, the South Korean troops conducted a raid, brutally killing 280 civilians. Most of them were  the elderly, women and children. The memorial steles have now been erected to mark and commemorate ill-fated victims of the massacre in Dien Nien temple and  Phuoc Binh schoolyard.

9. Thien An mountain and Huynh Thuc Khang tomb

The Thien An pagoda was built on top of Thien An mountain. Mount Thien An, lying on the left bank of Tra Khuc river, Northeast of Quang Ngai city, is one of the famous beauty spots which has been ranked among the well-known mountains of Vietnam since the Nguyen Dynasty (1850). Thien An mountain is 106m high with 4 sides of equilateral trapezium shape mirrors itself in the poetic river of Tra Khuc in such a manner as a heavenly seal stamping on the river (Thien An niem ha). The top of the mountain is flat covered with green trees all year round. There stands in the northeast an ancient pagoda built in 1695 with an ensemble of the honorable monks’ tombs chronologically built over centuries. Originally, it was just a grass-roofed temple set up by Monk Phap Hoa, Buddhist name of Phat Bao, also called Le Duyet who was from Fujian, China. In the 11th year of Vinh Thinh reign (1717), Lord Nguyen Phuc Chu directly wrote the nameboard “Sac Tu Thien An Tu” (“Thien An pagoda”). The pagoda now still keeps the Great Bell casted in 1845 by Chu Tuong village (Mo Duc district), emiting vibrating sound with a legend of a magic bell. In the garden of the pagoda is the Buddha Well about which there are numerous other legendary stories.

Huynh Thuc Khang was a strong-willed patriotic scholar, one of the initiators of the Duy Tan movement, managing editor of Tieng Dan newspaper. After the August Revolution in 1945, he was invited to join the coalition government headed by President Ho Chi Minh. He was also the acting president of Democratic Republic of Vietnam during President Ho Chi Minh’s visit to France. From the beginning of 1947, he worked in Quang Ngai then fell ill and died in Nghia Hanh district (Quang Ngai province). He was buried at Thien An mountain.

Thien An mountain and Huynh Thuc Khang tomb is recognized as a national historic-cultural relic.

10. Chau Sa citadel

 

Chau Sa citadel is located about 6km east of the center of Quang Ngai city, along the National Road 24B. It was an architectural heritage of the Cham culture, reused by the Vietnamese as the capital centre of three districts under the reign of King Le Thanh Tong in 1472. The citadel was made of earth with large-scale. The stronghold included the communes of Tinh Chau, Tinh An, Tinh Thien and Tinh Khe and divided into two circles: the inner and the outer. The inner is the center which looks like two crab pincers running in the directions of north-south and east-west, while the outer runs in the north – south direction including the two walls in the east, west and north. Chau Sa citadel is connected with the Tra Khuc river by a system of ditches navigable for ships and  boats. The wall of the citadel is over 4m high, the top is averagely 5m and the bottom 25m wide, the water line in the ditches is about 40m wide. Chau Sa is a large-scale earthen stronghold which remains almost intact among other Cham strongholds in Central Vietnam.

11. Truong Luy Wall relic,Quang Ngai

Truong Luy Wall in Quang Ngai, or Truong Luy wall in Quang Ngai – Binh Dinh, or Tinh Man Truong Luy (under the Nguyen Dynasty) is the name of a great ancient architectural relic, over 100 km in length. This stone wall runs along the ancient route from Tra Bong district (Quang Ngai province) to An Lao district (Binh Dinh). It is said to be the longest rampart in the Southeast Asian region by  many researchers.

 

The wall was constructed by Mr. Bui Ta Han when he took office as the governor of Quang Ngai (the 16th Century). It was consolidated and expanded to become an important defensive work in the Western areas of Quang Ngai and Binh Dinh provinces in the early 19th century.

The Truong Luy wall relic in Quang Ngai was officially recognized as a national historical and cultural relic. The wall runs through rivers, streams, mountains and posts, creating a unique and interesting landscape, attracting the attention of researchers as well as many foreign and domestic tourists.

12. Binh Hoa massacre relic

Binh Hoa massacre was carried out by the South Korean troops on 3-6 December 1966, killing 430 civilians. Most of them were the elderly, women and children. This relic consists of locations such as  Mr. Trap’s room, wells in Cau and Dong Kho hamlets, Sung slope, Truong Binh bombsite, etc. situated in the hamlets of Tri Hoa, Long Binh and An Phuoc of Binh Hoa commune, Binh Son district, and about 25 km northeast of Quang Ngai city.

13. Dam Toai tunnel – Binh Chau

 

Dam Toai tunnel was dug by the local people in 1945 to shelter against the raids by the French troops. In early 1965, the tunnel was expanded to provide more rooms for first aid treatment for people and wounded soldiers from Eastern Binh Son battlefield. The tunnel is Z shaped, over 100m long, 1.6-1.9m high, 0.9m wide. In the morning of 9 September 1965, after losing the battle in Van Tuong, the US troops made a landfall on Batangan pennisula and detected the tunnel. They destroyed the tunnel by using landmines, killing 60 doctors, nurses, wounded soldiers and people under treatment inside the tunnel.

This relic lies 25 km northeast of Quang Ngai city in Batangan, Phu Quy hamlet, Binh Chau commune, Binh Son district, which is a poetic seashore with numerous stone cliffs. From Sa Ky port and Batangan, visitors can catch high-speed passenger boats to Ly Son island for 55 minutes.

14. Son My massacre relic

Son My massacre relic lies in Tinh Khe commune, Quang Ngai city, about 12 km northeast of Quang Ngai city center, by Highway 24B. There store many evidences, photos and objects of the Son My (My Lai) massacre conducted by the US troops on 16 March 1968.

In that terrible morning, the US troops killed 504 civilians, including 182 women, 60 elderly people and 173 children, 24 families with all the members killed.

Son My massacre relic has been recognized by the Ministry of Culture and Information as a national special historical and cultural relic, attracting many domestic and foreign tourists to visit.

15. Commemoration Ensemble for late PM Pham Van Dong

Pham Van Dong is an excellent person of Quang Ngai homeland, an outstanding student of President Ho Chi Minh, a world cultural celebrity, a talented diplomat and the prime minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam from 1955 to 1987. The Commemoration Ensemble for late PM Pham Van Dong was built in 2006 and  put into use from 01 September 2007 in heroic Mo Duc homeland.

There store many objects of the family of PM Pham Van Dong as well as those relating to his life and revolutionary career.

Commemoration Ensemble for late PM Pham Van Dong has been recognized as a national historical-cultural relic.

16. Phu Tho mount and Co luy hamlet

Mount Phu Tho, also called Thach Son or Da Den, and Co Luy Hamlet are a famous beauty spot in Quang Ngai created by people in combination with natural features. Phu Tho Mount, 60m high and 60ha large, has an ensemble of dilapidated towers and walls of Cham style. The mount possesses several grey granite stones of strange shapes such as Hon Chuong, Hon Trong, Hang pagoda, Xeo Queo cave which lie among the thick and green vegetation. On the mount remain traces of Hang Pagoda (Thach Son Pagoda) with a legend of a magic tiger, Ban Co Fortress, Hon Vang Fortress made by Cham people. From the top of the mountain visitors can catch a paranoma of meandering Tra Khuc river followed by poetic Cua Dai estuary, consecutive of coconut trees, and Ly Son Island appearing far away.

 

At the foot of Mount Phu Tho is Co Luy hamlet quietly lying on a solitary place between the sky as one side and water as the other which is embellished with rows of coconut trees and boats moving up and down in Cua Dai Estuary, making it a romantic and lively picture.

This beauty spot is not only highly valued as a tourist attraction but also as a background for researching the architecture of Cham strongholds.

Phu Tho mount and Co luy hamlet is located in the center of Nghia Phu commune, Tu Nghia district, 10 km east of Quang Ngai city.

17. Relic ensemble along with Dang Thuy Tram’s Diary

The Relic ensemble associated with Dang Thuy Tram’s Diary lies in the communes of Pho Hoa and Pho Cuong, Duc Pho district and Ba Trang commune, Ba To district, 45km south – southwest of Quang Ngai city. There store many relics, documents and photos related to the period of living and fighting in Quang Ngai of heroic martyr – doctor Dang Thuy Tram.

 

Dang Thuy Tram was born in an intellectual family in 1942 in Hanoi. After graduating from the Hanoi Medical University in 1966, she volunteered to work in the Southern battlefield. In March 1967, she was assigned to be in charge of the Duc Pho district hospital, a general medical hospital for wounded soldiers. On 22 June 1970, Dang Thuy Tram was ambushed and bravely sacrificed while she was going on a mission trip.

The diary of Dang Thuy Tram is an invaluable asset that she left to her homeland. It was translated into many languages and warmly received by millions of readers at home and abroad, especially the young generation in Vietnam. She is one of the shining examples of Vietnam revolutionary heroism, admired and praised by the people of the world.

18. Headquarters of the Administrative Committee of the Southern Central Vietnam

The relic consists of three locations on the north bank of Phuoc Giang river, in Phu Binh hamlet, Cho Chua townlet, Nghia Hanh district, about 10km southwest of Quang Ngai city. This was the place where the Central Party Committee and the Government selected as the Headquarters of the Administrative Committee of the Southern Central Vietnam to serve for directing the resistance against the French (1946-1949). Comrades of Pham Van Dong, Nguyen Duy Trinh and Huynh Thuc Khang (Chairman of the Lien Viet Front) worked here. Huynh Thuc Khang also passed away here on 21 April 1947.